DALLAS CPA SOCIETY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Dallas CPA Society (Dallas Chapter, TSCPA; or DCPAS) promotes accounting as a career choice. An important component of this mission is to provide financial support to junior, senior and graduate accounting students at local universities who plan to become CPAs.
In 1988 the Dallas CPA Society and Philip Vogel & Company, PC established the Dallas CPA Society Scholarship Fund in memory of the Vogel firm's founder and chairman. At the time of his death, Phil was President-elect of the Dallas CPA Society and would have served as President in 1989-90. The DCPAS Scholarship Program is an expression of our deep appreciation for the many contributions of Philip Vogel.
Over the last 14 years, 94 outstanding students have been selected by the DCPAS Scholarship Committee to receive over $150,000 in scholarships. This program is made possible by the generous donations of hundreds of our members over the years.
To be considered for a scholarship, a student must:
- Attend one of the following Dallas area colleges or universities: Southern Methodist University, Texas A&M-Commerce, University of North Texas, or the University of Texas at Dallas.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be a junior or senior accounting major, or a graduate student in accounting, with a minimum of 15 accounting credit hours through Fall 2016. Applicants must have the intent of becoming a Certified Public Accountant and entering the accounting profession upon graduation. Applicants may be full-time or part-time students.
- Have a minimum accounting GPA of 3.5.
Submit the following to the Scholarship Committee, Dallas CPA Society, 112400 Coit Road, Suite #750, Dallas Texas 75251, to be received by May 19, 2017:
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- A typed or neatly printed application, signed by the chairperson of the university's accounting department. Click here for the application (pdf).
- A letter addressed to the Scholarship Committee, Dallas CPA Society, explaining your need for the scholarship and why you want to become a CPA.
- Official cumulative college transcript(s) through the end of the Fall 2016 semester, to include credit hours earned from all colleges/universities and cumulative GPA. A separate official transcript must be provided for each school attended.
- Spring 2017 Grades (unofficial University grade report or official University transcript acceptable).
This application will be for use by the Dallas CPA Society only, and is not to be transferred to any third parties, in compliance with Texas Open Records law and federal education rights and privacy act of 1974.
Download a word document file of the application here (docx format) or here (rtf format).