Controller/CFO CPE Series
The Dallas CPA Society is pleased to present the 2017-2018 Controller/CFO CPE Series. These four-hour sessions will investigate various issues experienced in accounting through a functional, rather than industry, lens.
The seventh class, Working Capital Management - Basics of Success, is on Wednesday, December 6th. This basic program will examine various working capital management techniques that you can put to use.
The eighth class, Introduction to Excel , is on Monday, December 18th has been cancelled. This course is designed to introduce users to Excel and increase their comfort level and confidence in the use of Microsoft Excel. This course is designed for those who want to become more proficient with the basic use of Excel.
Intro to Excel
HAS BEEN CANCELLED
The Introduction to Excel course is designed to introduce users to Excel and increase their comfort level and confidence in the use of Microsoft Excel. This course is designed for those who want to become more proficient with the basic use of Excel and will focus on understanding the structure of Excel, moving around and within Excel workbooks and worksheets, entering and formatting data, working with simple formulas and formatting worksheets for printing. This course is based on Microsoft Excel 2016 for Windows.
As a result of the Introduction to Excel course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the differences between a worksheet & workbook and Excel worksheet formats;
- Navigate within Excel and understand and customize the Ribbons, Tabs, QuickAccess Toolbar and Backstage area;
- Move from cell to sell, select cells and name cell ranges;
- Identify common keyboard shortcuts;
- Enter data into cells and format data;
- Create custom data formats and utilize conditional formatting;
- Learn to move and copy data within worksheets and workbooks;
- Add and delete rows and columns;
- Enter and use basic formulas such as sum, count and average;
- Link worksheets and workbooks;
- Copy formulas and understand when to lock cell references;
- Work with dates and understand how to format dates and perform special functions on dates to fill a series or separate dates into day, month and year;
- Prepare and print worksheets by customizing print ranges, titles, headers and footers;
- Use the pint preview features; and
- Convert and prepare and excel file as a pdf file and share files via email.
Location: 12400 Coit Road, Suite 750, Dallas 75251
Course No.: 18240712
Date: Monday, December 18, 2017
Time: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
CPE Credits: 4
Cost: Member /$25; Non-Member / $125
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of how to use Excel.
Becker Professional Education and the Dallas CPA Society
Joining forces to offer you an incredible member benefit!
We know how important it is to keep up with a constantly changing business world.
That's why Becker Professional Education provides you with the most current
information on today's critical and challenging business issues.
Enroll in our Continuing Professional Education (CPE) courses
to help you stay up to date on your CPE requirements.
Dallas CPA Society members have the opportunity to purchase
an annual subscription,with unlimited access to
Becker's ON Demand or Webcast courses,
or purchase individual courses at a group rate.
See all the details
Dallas CPA Society Offers new CPA Exam Review Course to Members.
CCH and CPAexcelTM have partnered with the Dallas CPA Society.
CPAexcelTM delivers the knowledge and expertise of the top team of accounting professors and review course instructors to CPA Exam candidates in a powerful online multimedia format. CPAexcelTM students pass the CPA Exam at exceptionally high rates.
Follow the link below to get all the details and order information.
150 Web-based, interactive, Tax & Accounting CPE courses
Great for "just in time" instruction to meet a client need, a new staff member's training, or a deadline to complete CPE requirements
Start a course, and return to it, anywhere, anytime
Print it out for reference or to supplement in-house training
Dallas Society Member discounted rate - (30% discount)
Try out one of two free courses at cch.learningcenter.com
Follow this link to the CCH/Dallas Chapter Partner Page for sign-up information.
CCH Learning Center Partner Page: http://tax.cchgroup.com/cchlearningcenter/dcpas